In Episode 217 – Astronomy and Emu, we try very hard not to talk about the election and its aftermath, instead exploring the fascinating subject of ethnoastronomy. We delve into some of the unique relationships human cultures have had with the stars throughout history, including a look at the Mescalero Apache and the Australian Aborigines. In our Pro Extension, we turn from astronomy to astrology for an in-depth analysis of President Obama’s birth chart and what it says about his presidency, and a brief look at how Pluto influences the attitudes of whole generations — that is, until the Mercury Retrograde gets the best of us and crashes our equipment!
**Help Us Fight Homelessness** In honor of National Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week, FF&C will be donating HALF of the first month’s subscription fee for all new Pro Members who sign up between now and November 18, 2012 to the National Coalition for the Homeless. Thank you for helping us contribute our small part to help make the world a little better.
- Constellations of the Australian Aborigines
- The Emu in the Sky
- Hamlet’s Mill, by Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechen
Pro Extension Links:
- “Barack Obama: Am Astrological Reading“, by Jeff Lilly
- Panel of astrologers predicts Obama victory
- Pluto no longer a planet? What are the implications for astrology?
- The Birth of the Outer Planets: The Discovery of Pluto
- Opening and closing theme: “Dragonfly” by Brian Boyko
This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA License.
Tags: astrology, astronomy, constellations, election, Obama, sacred time, stars